Marijuana Sale & Distribution
Please note: In the 2020 election, New Jersey residents voted in favor of legalizing recreational marijuana. The law is still developing, so if you are facing any kind of marijuana charges please call our office at 908-643-6801 or reach out online to discuss how this may affect your case.
Have you been charged with the Sale or Distribution of Marijuana? Depending on the amount of marijuana involved and the location of the sale, you may be facing up to twenty years in prison and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. My name is Anthony N. Palumbo, of The Law Offices of Anthony N. Palumbo, I personally have over 35 years of trial experience defending marijuana charges in New Jersey. I am a former prosecutor and current public defender who takes pride in his relationship with the police, judges and prosecutors as a fair and honest attorney. I have a reputation of consistent favorable results and outcomes for clients built on my skill and knowledge of both sides of the law. Contact me today at 908-643-6801 for a free marijuana sale and distribution consultation, I will be happy to help you and answer your questions.
The Law Offices of Anthony N. Palumbo law firm defends individuals accused of offenses throughout New Jersey including Union County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Essex County, Somerset County, the towns of Elizabeth, Woodbridge, Linden, Rahway, Clark, Roselle, Roselle Park, Springfield, Kenilworth, Union, and Scotch Plains.
While this page is in no way a replacement to the valuable role a Marijuana Sale & Distribution Defense Attorney can play in resolving your case, it may provide answers to your immediate questions through an overview of the various drug penalties, situations involving enhanced penalties, and defenses to drug charges.
Penalties if Convicted
The following is a layout of the penalties that result when a person is convicted of marijuana sale or marijuana distribution. The penalties are divided by the quantity of marijuana involved. The penalties also apply to the sale or distribution of hashish. The degrees of different charges carry different penalties. For instance:
1st degree sentence = 10-20 years in prison
2nd degree sentence = 5-10 years in prison
3rd degree sentence = 3-5 years in prison
- For 25 pounds or more of marijuana, or 50 or more marijuana plants, or 5 or more pounds of Hashish, it is a 1st degree crime.
- For 5 or more pounds of marijuana, but less than 25 pounds of marijuana, or between 10 and 49 marijuana plants, or between 1 and 5 pounds of hashish, it is a 2nd degree crime.
- For 1 ounce or more of marijuana, but less than 5 pounds of marijuana, or 5 grams or more of Hashish, but less than 1 pound of Hashish, it is a 3rd degree crime.
- For less than 1 ounce marijuana, or less than 5 grams of Hashish, it is a 4th degree crime.
It is important to note that even if the marijuana or hashish is adulterated or diluted, it will not change the amount for purposes of the penalties. For Example: If you have a 1 ounce bag of marijuana, but really it consists of only 1 half ounce of marijuana, and 1 half ounce of oregano, you will still be charged with a 4th degree crime.
For more information on the Sale & Distribution of Marijuana, visit my Drug Trafficking page which provides: Answers to many common questions; and an overview of possible defenses to charges of drug sale & distribution.
As a New Jersey Marijuana Sale & Distribution Defense Attorney, I have represented people charged with the sale and distribution of drugs for more than 35 years. I can help you fight your drug charges with a number of tactics, such as challenging the evidence, and depending on your offense, I can negotiate with prosecutors to downgrade the charges to a municipal offense rather than a criminal court matter. My experiences with both sides of the law being a prosecutor have assisted me in successfully fighting marijuana charges. I have the knowledge of how the prosecutors and the police handle marijuana cases. Contact me, New Jersey Marijuana Sale & Distribution Defense Attorney today at 908-643-6801 for a free marijuana sale and distribution consultation.
I also defend charges of:
- Public Park & Housing Charges
- Pre-Trial Intervention
- Growing Marijuana or Operating a Facility
- How the Prosecution Builds a Case to Obtain a Conviction for a Marijuana Offense
- New Jersey Marijuana Lawyer
- Conditional Discharge
- Marijuana Sale & Distribution
- Possession of Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Possession of Marijuana Paraphernalia
- Marijuana Traffic Stop
- Marijuana Cultivation
- Possession of Less than 50 grams of Marijuana
- Marijuana Charges
- Elizabeth Marijuana Attorney
- Cranford Marijuana Attorney
- Marijuana Blog