Please note: New Jersey voted in favor of legalizing marijuana in the November 2020 election. However, legislation is still developing. If you are facing marijuana charges, it is crucial that you secure an attorney immediately to look after your rights. Call 908-643-6801 or contact us online to discuss your case.
Despite the severity of penalties associated with marijuana charges, I am extremely successful in cutting marijuana penalties. Typical consequences can include fines of $15,000 or more, prison time, probation, community service, and loss of license. Often I can get my clients acquitted of marijuana charges by spinning the facts in their favor, but it’s important to have an attorney who knows when to fight and when to negotiate. Sometimes supporting evidence won’t warrant an acquittal, but can be used to negotiate for lesser charges or penalties. An experienced attorney knows when and how to act to get the best results for his client in any given circumstance. At The Law Offices of Anthony N. Palumbo, my clients walk into court with confidence, and leave with the results they need to get their lives back on track. I defend individuals accused of marijuana offenses throughout New Jersey including Union County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Essex County, Somerset County, the towns of Elizabeth, Woodbridge, Linden, Rahway, Clark, Roselle, Roselle Park, Springfield, Kenilworth, Union, Westfield, and Scotch Plains.
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION 908-643-6801
Receive your free consultation by phone or in person at anytime, day or night, 24/7.
What you need to know
If you grow or make (in any way) the following amounts of marijuana, you will be charged with the corresponding crime and face the following penalties:
- 25 pounds or more of marijuana or 50 or more marijuana plants, you are guilty of a crime of a first degree crime which carries 10 to 20 years in prison and a $300,000 fine;
- 5 pounds or more but less than 25 pounds of marijuana, or 10 or more but fewer than 50 marijuana plants, you are guilty of a second degree crime, which carries 5 to 10 years in prison;
- 1 ounce or more but less than 5 pounds of marijuana, you are guilty of a third degree crime which carries 3 to 5 years in prison, and a $25,000 fine;
- Less than 1 ounce of marijuana, you are guilty of a fourth degree crime which carries up to 18 months in prison.
Anthony N. Palumbo will ensure that you are acquitted or that the penalties above are greatly reduced or eliminated. He has been eliminating jail time and reducing penalties in Union County for over 35 years. He has more than experience. He gets results.
A Hard-line Defense
I am a criminal defense attorney with more than 35 years of trial experience in New Jersey courts. As a former county and municipal prosecutor and a longtime criminal defense lawyer, I know what to expect from the local judges, prosecutors and police. I have a steadfast reputation among Union County judges and prosecutors, and I have been obtaining frequent acquittals in Union County for over 35 years. Contact me today for a free initial consultation at 908-643-6801 . I don’t waste time lecturing or judging my clients, the only thing I’m interested in is getting results. Contacting an attorney right away is the best thing you can do for your defense, and remember, NEVER speak to the police, even if they demand it.
Return to my Marijuana Homepage or visit one of my other marijuana pages:
- Public Park & Housing Charges
- Pre-Trial Intervention
- Growing Marijuana or Operating a Facility
- How the Prosecution Builds a Case to Obtain a Conviction for a Marijuana Offense
- New Jersey Marijuana Lawyer
- Conditional Discharge
- Marijuana Sale & Distribution
- Possession of Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Possession of Marijuana Paraphernalia
- Marijuana Traffic Stop
- Marijuana Cultivation
- Possession of Less than 50 grams of Marijuana
- Marijuana Charges
- Elizabeth Marijuana Attorney
- Cranford Marijuana Attorney
- Marijuana Blog
I defend marijuana charges throughout New Jersey including the towns in Union County, Linden, Cranford, Roselle, Elizabeth, Roselle Park, Westfield, Rahway, Clark, Mountainside, Garwood, and Scotch Plains.