DUI/DWI Penalties & Fines
As a DUI/DWI defense lawyer, I am successful in my field because I do whatever is needed to get the best results. I get the results people need, I get them fast and I do the right thing for those clients I defend. Standard DUI/DWI penalties and fines in New Jersey can be extensive with the wrong attorney. I work all angles of a case to obtain the most favorable outcome for my clients against DUI/DWI charges. Sometimes this means the DWI/DUI charges are dropped completely, and other times it means no jail time, low fines and seriously reduced license suspension time. If you have been charged, or received a ticket or summons for a DUI/DWI offense in Union County, you need a DUI/DWI defense lawyer who can get your life back on track. I will do this for you.
I defend DUI/DWI charges throughout New Jersey including the towns in Union County, Linden, Cranford, Roselle, Elizabeth, Roselle Park, Westfield, Rahway, Clark, Mountainside, Garwood, and Scotch Plains.
My offices are located in Cranford and Elizabeth, New Jersey, at 190 North Ave. E., Cranford, New Jersey, 07016 & 740 Newark Ave., Elizabeth, New Jersey, 07208.
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION · 908-643-6801
Call anytime day or night, 24/7, consultation by phone or in person, at your convenience.
DUI/DWI Penalties & Fines
Penalties and fines depend on many factors including the driver’s Blood Alcohol Content (“BAC”), whether drugs were involved, and whether it is the driver’s first, second or subsequent DUI/DWI offense. Generally, penalties fall within the range set out below.
- A fine of $250 to $1,000
- Detainment 12 to 48 hours
- Jail up 30 days to 6 months in prison
- 3 month to 10 year license suspension
- Surcharges of $325 to $1500 per year for 3 years
- Possible participation in supervised visitation program of probation or community service
- Possible installation of interlock device 6 months to 1 year
- Possible Attendance in an in-patient alcoholism treatment program
- Ignition Interlock Device 1-3 years (installed upon completion of suspension) at your own expense
- Fee to Intoxicated Driver Resource Center
- Additional surcharges such as:
- $200 surcharge for the drunk driving enforcement fund
- $75 Safe neighborhood fund
- $50 violent crimes compensation fee
- $150 Intoxicated driver program fee
- $200 NJ MVC restoration charge
- $100 State and municipality fee
Eliminating Your Charge
I have been achieving successful results in DUI/DWI cases for over 35 years. When I take a case, I take it to win, and I do everything in my power to work your advantage including challenging the collection of evidence, asserting constitutional rights, and working holes in the prosecution’s case to reduce the penalties you face. One critical thing that only you can do for your case is not speak to police. This is harder than it sounds, but no matter how much police encourage you to speak, remaining silent until your lawyer arrives creates a huge advantage.
Contact me today for a free initial consultation at 908-643-6801 . We can discuss your case over the phone or in person. Get the legal advice you need from an aggressive and experienced New Jersey DUI/DWI attorney who will protect your rights and save your driving privileges. I defend individuals against DUI/DWI charges throughout Union County, New Jersey including:
- Roselle Park
- Scotch Plains
The Law Offices of Anthony N. Palumbo in Union County are located in Cranford and Elizabeth, New Jersey , at 190 North Ave. E., Cranford, New Jersey, 07016 & 740 Newark Ave., Elizabeth, New Jersey, 07208.