An Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney For Those In Monmouth County

If you have received a criminal complaint, or been accused, charged or indicted in Monmouth County Court, I can defend you against your charge. My name is Anthony N. Palumbo, and I have been successfully defending people charged with crimes in Monmouth County for over 35 years. As a former county and municipal prosecutor, I am extremely experienced in criminal defense in Monmouth County, and I can answer any questions that you have about your charge.

Contact me at 1-866-664-8118 at my law offices today for a private, confidential, and free consultation. In the meantime, please look over my Monmouth County Court page, and feel free to visit any of my informational pages which are linked below. They may help answer some of your questions.

Ordinance Violations And Disorderly Persons Offenses

When clients are charged or ticketed with disorderly persons offenses, petty disorderly persons offenses, or ordinance violations in Monmouth County, the case is heard in Municipal Court, before a Municipal Court judge, and is brought by a municipal prosecutor. As a former prosecutor, I have insight on how cases are perceived by the prosecution. Each prosecutor has different expectations, but I am familiar with the local officials in Monmouth County, and I know how to meet these expectations. This is why I get favorable outcomes for my clients. Municipal offenses include:

  • Criminal Mischief
  • Trespass
  • Shoplifting
  • Bad Checks
  • Simple Assault
  • Possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana
  • Possession of drug paraphernalia
  • Petty Harassment
  • Disorderly Conduct

Indictable Criminal Charges In Monmouth County Court

When a person is charged with an indictable crime in Monmouth County, the case is heard before the Monmouth County Superior Court, and tried by a Monmouth County prosecutor. Indictable crimes include fourth degree crimes, third degree crimes, second degree crimes, and first degree crimes. One of the major differences between municipal and court county court is that in county court, the defendant is eligible for a jury trial. Thus, charges are much more serious in County Court. Common crimes heard in Monmouth County Court include:

  • Domestic Violence
  • Theft by Extortion
  • Eluding
  • Possession of a CDS with Intent to Distribute
  • Aggravated Assault
  • Prescription Drug Crimes
  • Homicide
  • Weapons Offenses
  • Sex Crimes
  • Violent Crimes
  • Burglary
  • Robbery

At The Law Offices of Anthony N. Palumbo, I can help you with every stage of the criminal proceedings. Even if you are simply being investigated, I can help prevent incriminating evidence from accumulating against you. I also assist clients with arrest, bail, grand jury proceedings, arraignment, motions, plea agreements, sentencing and the appellate process, and I can help with sentencing alternative as well such as pre-trial disposition, conditional discharge, and drug court.

Monmouth County Court: Information And Directions

The criminal division of the Monmouth County Superior court consists of trial judges and one Drug Court judge. Each judge works with a team made up of probation officers, a court clerk, secretary, team leader, and a data input employee. These individuals work together to process cases. The Drug Court judge leads a team of court employees, attorneys, probation officers, and substance abuse counselors. Drug court is an alternative to sentencing in some drug cases and has proved to be a success in keeping offenders off drugs in the future.

The Monmouth County Court is located at 71 Monument Park, Freehold, New Jersey 07728.
You may contact the court directly at 1-732-677-4300. For directions from the New Jersey Turnpike: Take Exit 11. Then take the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 123. Then take Route 9 South to Route 33 East. Make a left on Main Street at the first light. Then take a left on Court St. to the Courthouse.

Monmouth County Defense Lawyer

If you have been charged with a criminal or municipal offense in Monmouth County, I will defend your charge and protect your freedom. I have solid relationships with local officials, and I know how to best present a case before each official in a manner that leads to the best possible outcome for my clients. Contact me today for a free consultation at 1-866-664-8118.